Thursday, June 12, 2008

Question of the Week

Our lovely Hostess Robyn sent me the QOW today. This week's question is:"What's your favorite summertime beverage?"

Hmmmm that's a tough one. I normally drink water during a typical day, summer or not. I try to stay away from other drinks that are filled with empty calories. But I love lemonaide, sun tea (but I sweeten it) and coke zero. So I guess the best/my favorite summertime beverage would have to be an herbal tea as sun tea. That reminds me I have to look at my jars to see if they are useable this year. I'm thinking that washing the plastic rings in the dishwasher isn't such a great idea because after doing that I suddenly have leaks.

I'm also thinking this was for non-alcoholic beverages......although if not - Mike's hard lemonaide for me! Quick easy and simple :)

I'm halfway through the last panel on Becca's scarf and should have it done and need blocking by this weekend sometime. Most likely this and something knit in the lovely Noro I have will be my travel companions for Saturday/Sunday. We are heading to Laingsburg (roughly 30 minutes outside Lansing to the North-East) for Mike's grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary dinner. Then his parents have invited us back to Lansing on Sunday for a father's day dinner with his mom's side of the family. Shoot! Must remember to buy cards when I go shopping on Friday. >.< But we have been debating going to Lansing on Saturday and staying over vs. driving up for each event. Will know more later, but will mean that little blogging will be done this weekend.

A quick thank you to my Secret Pal - I am loving the patterns you have sent me! I had looked on Ravelry and found someone who had made Calorimetry in Noro Silk Garden Chunky - what I have and decided that one skein will be used for that and another for a scarf for me. So now I have a new pattern to try for my scarf -thanks! Hope you have a great Thursday. Kids will be home from alst day of school any minute so it's off to make lunch for me and then make them clean! Muahahahaha! >:-D

No comments: