Wednesday, July 16, 2008

QOW #6

Since thinking about holidays/vacations is SO much fun, let's continue with the theme… Questions #6 What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?

Well since I haven't been on a vacation in forever and only started knitting this year, I'm digging into the past for this one. Projects I have taken with me before would be cross stitch projects that I was currently working on. Plus at least another depending on how far along I was on the current one. Oh no wait I thought of a "vacation" and craft! Women's retreat through my church last year I took my beads (some not all - I was good) and a plastic bead craft. I ended up making a bracelet while there in about 30 minutes. Well 5 really but it took that long to get the right length. Then with the plastic beads I was making little things and shared them (the beads and string) with the other ladies to make some too.

Now to comments :)
Thanks Bathooon for stopping by and voting on a button for Calorimetry! I did end up using the middle one. Which was the bigger dark green one. But I agree the lighter green would have worked as well with the colors. :)

My S.P. - thanks again. I've looked into this and most of the suggestions I'd seen were with a pencil. Which I thought would have made it even lighter than I'd need for starting. But I am pretty sure I have the right size hooks, I know I have cds and can get that size dowels for $1.99 USD.........which means I am breaking out the money in the next few days and will be making one of these to try. :D I'd still like to try to make one of the wagon wheel one eventually because they look really cool. This is my first Scout's Swag - I'm super exited because I want to make socks with it and I know you can use other weight yarns too but I wanted sock yarn for the first pair!

Well it's dinner time and the kids are BEGGING to be taken to the pool once we have eaten. Gotta dash!

No comments: