Wednesday, July 9, 2008

QOW # 5

Boy, time flies. Summer is when many of us head out on vacation/holiday. So, this week's question/s has us wondering:

1) Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday?

2) Where is one place you'd like to go?

Ok #1 was already talked about in a previous post - Rice Lake in lake Linden, MI. But I think what made it so great was spending time away with not just my immediate family but my grandparents (dad's side) and aunts and uncles as well. Like for Thanksgiving we used to go to my Uncle Ted's in Indiana with my Nana (mom's side) and pick up my Aunt Paula in Ohio on the way. But even then I never had to go far away for that we almost always spent most of our summer vacation, spring break, etc. at one of my relatives houses.

#2 I've always wanted to go to Italy because my mom's family is from there. My Nana Simone (my mom's grandma/nana) was born there and moved here, got married raised kids - the whole nine yards. But that ha always been my dream vacation and to go to England at least once. And my hubby does not want to leave the country to travel - ugh.

On the knitting front.....I've been told a package will be on its way to me soon - yay! I've got another one almost ready for my pal. And I bought some roving and Scout's Swag from another ravelry person adore1. I got two Spunky Eclectic club rovings - yum! I have to wait for them to get here so I can post them for you to see - but I am super excited and now am thinking about that drop spindle even more. There is one Etsy store that had some at about the right weight for super prices - Ford4him.
Amy told me about this sale last night from Interweave Press called the Hurt Book Sale. Some of the books either have some minor damage or were a huge overstock and are all 50% - 75% off until July 18th. Yes, I ended up buying some books.......not all that I had in my cart because I didn't have $80 to spend. :-D But I got myself "Spin It" and "Getting Started Knitting Socks". I believe the sock book was the only one on my wishlist so I removed it from there.
Lunch time now and then cleaning before weight loss challenge's last night unless we continue again. Later :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Amy sounds ebil! :D Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

Cherry chapstick? Wha?

Amy said...

Should have ordered them when I first heard, they are all out of 'Getting Started Knitting Socks' and 'One Skein'. :(

*cry*

*pout*