Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Gotta love my LYS!

So on Friday I am starting some socks for the first time during the olympics. How do I plan to do this with the kids at home and not lose patience...... It's simple their aunt is kidnapping them that afternoon so they will be gone all weekend!!!!!! *does a happy dance* There is also a possibility that they will be staying through the following weekend with my in-laws, but that hasn't quite been confirmed yet so we don't know for sure. Either way a free weekend sounds great to me. Did I mention that there are 26 days left until school starts?!?!?!?!? Not that I have it marked on my calander or anything....... >.> LOL

Back to the socks, I looked at the pattern and realized that I was 35 yards short on the yarn I had compaired to the one used in in the pattern. DOH! Being that I have big feet for a woman and that these are my first socks - I thought it was a good idea to have the amount of yarn stated in the pattern. Just in case. So that lead me to try and find a matching color to my Scout's Swag....... Harder than it looks. However my LYS came through for me and I have a beautiful green to use on the toes and heels. It's even machine washable too - yay! I'll just have to air dry them. Plus I bought my DPN's that I will need for the socks. Now to practice with them.......and hope I don't break one! >.<

No comments: