Saturday, May 10, 2008

2 x 2 ribbing

For my next trick......I mean project I went with ribbing for my oldest daughter's scarf. I'm still working on that and have a few other scarves going at the same time - all different stitches. With 3 girls they will all have very different and unique scarves......and I won't have any arguments because they picked the color yarn from my stash! :D And yes I do know that they no longer need the scarves right now. But I figure by the time I finish them they can have them as early Christmas gifts.

I'm not following a pattern on this scarf just the instructions in "Stitch 'n Bitch" on 2 x 2 ribbing. Julia picked out the yarn from our local JoAnn Fabrics. I liked the color and the fact that it automatically stripes when knitting. It is Bernat Handcrafter Cotton Stripes, Medium 4, and 9.8 oz. I think she will get a matching hat with what is left over if I can figure it out and buy the right kind of needles to make it with.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Well off to practice for church today. I'll post more later on that and how it goes. Gotta get in the shower now. Later. :)

No comments: