Monday, November 10, 2008

SP13 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

So far I have enjoyed knitting with everything that I have used. Even the acrylic (it's easier to teach the kids to use because I don't care if they destroy it! :) ).

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have my straights in an old crayon bank that the kids don't use any more. My circulars are in their cases and I try to keep them together in a bag close to my yarn stash.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I taught myself from Stitch 'n Bitch in January 2008 - so almost a year now. Intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do and the links are here for amazon.com and here for wishlist.com. But are also on the sidebar under Secret Pal info. :)

5. What's your favorite scent?

I love Bath & Body Works products but every time I get a scent the discontinue it on me! Moon Light Path is my last one there still. Or The Body Shop's White Musk. Light floral scents are good, I like apple smellies as well. :) If you could see my collection of candles from Home & Garden Party - LOVE their pumpkin and apple scents! I have a ton and love how they make my house smell.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I love chocolate. Charleston Chews, Caramello's, Hershey's bars (plain and almonds), Chocolate yogurt covered raisins. I could go on forever. I don't like dark chocolate, but if you send me some it won't go to waste - my hubby loves it. :)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I learned how to make jewelry a few years ago. So I make earrings, bracelets, necklaces, anything I can bead on basically for gifts all the time. I made stitch markers recently as well. I scrapbook, but haven't really in a few years since the kids got into school. I am learning to spin on a spindle. I also do cross stitch when I remember that I have many patterns around the house waiting for me. And I at one point in time decided to try quilting......more to learn how to work my sewing maching than anything. LOL! I'm an equal opportunity crafter so to speak. :)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Rock, pop, alternative, Christian, country, oldies, 80's - pretty much everything but rap and only some Opera. Kati Perry, Barenaked Ladies, Buckcherry, Billy Joel, Lifehouse, Garth Brooks, Taylor Swift, Lorrie Morgan, Reba, Peter Cetera just to name a few. Yes my computer and car can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Favorite colors are blue and yellow. But I love all colors - maybe not all together. Puce green would be a color I can't stand.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married with kids (3 girls), I have a cat and a dog.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I have made scarves for the kids and hubby but not for myself yet. I do wear scarves and mittens because I work outside so they keep me warm. Ponchos - not so much.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks because of portability. But outside of that reason I don't have a favorite thing to knit yet. I'm still learning and trying out as many patterns as I can.

13. What are you knitting right now?

2 scarves, a pair of socks and spinning some wool

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Oh yes please! I think being someone who makes things as gifts makes you appreciate the time spent when someone else makes something for you.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I have a little bit of everything. My only preference would be wood dpn's because they don't let the yarn slide off as easily as the aluminum knitting needles to.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I do not yet.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

My oldest UFO would be the hubby's scarf that I had to frog and start over - roughly about 6 months old now. Oh and the ballband dishcloths that I was to make during the Ravelympics.....but never got to them.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?

Christmas because I get to go home and visit with my family and friends.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Bookmarks - only because I read a ton, yarn, stickers, I'm starting a NKOTB collection of Donnie pins again....or at least trying to. He was my fave way back in elementary school. LOL :D. I like sunflowers......well that might be an understatement there. I am not into the fake flowers so much as the different household items (towels, placemats, potholder, etc.). I have some sunflower fabric as well for quilting. And lastly Piglet - yes from Winnie The Pooh. I have a ton of stuffed animals of him and I just love him. When I get repeats I share them with the girls. :)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I have a few on my Amazon.com wish list and on Ravelry.com that I'd like to get. No subscriptions right now - only because I don't think about getting them not because I don't want them.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Lace knitting but I was told this past weekend that all I needed to know were a few basic things and I'd have it. I've learned those making a baby blanket and socks so it's just a matter of finding the right pattern and having the right yarn to make some lace with. :)

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes, my foot measurments are 11 wide. More specifically circumference is 11", foot length is 10.5", cuff would need to stretch to 13" and I like my socks 7" tall from the bottom of the heel.

23. When is your birthday?

May 6

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Yes, knitknitmama :)

No comments: