Tuesday, January 13, 2009

SIGH & SP13 QOW

Cars are fixed YAY! Oh and I won a $200 visa gift card from the radio the other day - woot that went toward the repairs of course. :) Today is my oldest girl's birthday - she is 10 in about 2 hours. Where did the time go?!?!?!?!?!? Not to mention that she is almost as tall as half our family (my mom and aunts....ok not a big deal there) but if she keeps growing like that she will probably be as tall as me - 5'8" or taller since her dad is.....sigh

SP13 QOW - What is one thing you think you can't do that you really want to do in 2009? Please elaborate!

Well I know I can't crochet. I mean I can make a mean chain but anything further and the patterns confuse me. I have books and have borrowed books from my library and to me it seems that knitting is better explained than crochet is. Crochet is of course younger than knitting so that might explain it. I have even sat with ladies at our knit night and they took my pattern and ran with it but I was lost after the first part.

But what I'd really like to do but haven't would probably be tackling a big project like a sweater. Most likely the February Lady sweater to be exact. And of course I don't want to follow the pattern exactly - I want to do one of the variations off it. Or maybe it was more than one I can't remember which I liked better. It seems like forever since I was on Ravelry looking around.

Knitting news - I worked more on my sock at the Fiber party our knitting group had this past Saturday. There was a total of 3 of us there - the hostess, another lady and myself. We had a blast and were all local to the area so the crap ton of snow that was coming down all day and that night didn't bother us too much. I have started getting things around for a pair of mitts I plan to make. The pattern for Porphyria by Cissy Black is pretty and one that I want to try out with my Buffy the Vampire Slayer tvyarn. :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I have done a little crochet and keep thinking I want to do more, but I just don't get into it. Maybe one day...

I want to finish a big project this year, as well. I have several started, maybe I will finish them!